Under the supervision of the General Manager, you must perform a variety of functions to include: recruitment for the entire company, employee relations, benefits and compensation administration for Cranney Companies and you are the first point of contact for HR related matters and questions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Provides proactive human resources support to assigned work groups in recruiting of candidates for the entire company. With feedback from managers, post positions and monitor candidate activity. Screen and interview candidates. Ensures completion of background check and pre-employment requirements. Thorough analysis of compensation determines pay ranges for potential hires. Works with management to arrange the onboarding of new employees. Develops relationships with school affiliations for externships and flow of future candidates. Attends job fairs and promotional activity in support of Cranney Companies recruiting efforts. (60%)
- Provide prompt and resolution-oriented approach to resolving employee relations issues done in conjunction with management. Conducts investigations where necessary and assures the policies and practices of Cranney Companies are followed. Ensures that the formal corrective action process is adhered to. Conducts all activities prior to termination of employments as appropriate (consultation with supervisor and legal if necessary). Attends unemployment hearings when necessary. (25%)
- Conducts exit interviews. Answers benefit questions from employees and provides information when needed on current policies and practices. (10%)
- Assists with HR related projects when needed. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in HR or related administrative fields
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Trustworthy and able to keep confidential information
If you're looking for the chance to build a career with one of the most forward-thinking contracting companies in the Boston area, and to work in a family like atmosphere with people who truly understand the importance of customer service and doing the job right the first time, then we would love to hear from you! Respond to this posting with a resume and a brief introduction of yourself and how you can hit the ground running in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.